We have developed a Privacy and Cookie Notice in order to inform you of L’Oreal USA’s practices with respect to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal information and anonymous information. You can find the Privacy and Cookie Notice, which is incorporated into this Agreement, by clicking here, and by using this Site you agree to the terms.
We welcome user comments, information and submissions. In addition, you and other users of the Site from time to time may have an opportunity to post on the Site certain ideas, concepts, information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, comments on our products, advertising and other promotional materials or events, facts, advice, “tips”, opinions and other material (collectively, “User Content”). Subject to our Privacy Notice, all User Content that you post on this Site will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary to you and may be viewed by you and/or other users of this Site.
You also agree that we, our affiliates and our licensees are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any User Content you send to us for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products, services and content using such information, without any credit, notice, approval or compensation to you.
We cannot guarantee that other users will not copy, modify, distribute or otherwise use the User Content that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or do not want others to use, do not post it on the Site. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any user’s misuse or misappropriation of any User Content you post on the Site.
REVIEW OF SUBMISSION
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to (and shall not permit any third party to) use the Site to:
- (a) upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any User Content that is inaccurate, unlawful, harmful, threatening, embarrassing, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, offensive, profane, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or contains or depicts nudity or explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual or violent acts (including, but not limited to, sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- (b) harm any person in any way;
- (c) upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any User Content that (i) victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of any impermissible classification, including, without limitation, religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status or disability; (ii) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party; and (iii) you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under any contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as insider information, intellectual, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- (d) upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, worms, logic bombs or programs designed or intended to interrupt, disable, damage, destroy, or limit the functionality of the Site or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or any other similarly destructive activity;
- (e) obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information;
- (f) interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks linked to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks linked to the Site;
- (g) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, and any rules, regulations, orders, directives and the like having the force of law;
- (h) upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any material, or take any other actions with respect to your use of the Site, that would constitute, or would otherwise encourage, criminal conduct or conduct that could give rise to civil liability;
- (i) for commercial purposes, including, without limitation, submitting any material to solicit funds or to promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services;
- (j) solicit others to join or become members of any other commercial online service or other online or offline group or organization;
- (k) impersonate any other person or entity, including by providing any false personal information to us (including a false user name) or creating any account for anyone other than yourself;
- (l) submit any person’s identification documents or sensitive financial information; or
Please note that the information and views expressed on this site in User Content appearing do not necessarily reflect our views or those of our content providers, advertiser, sponsors, affiliated or related entities. We do not assume, and expressly disclaim, any obligation or liability with respect to User Content and no confidential or fiduciary understanding or relationship is established by our receipt or acceptance of any such materials.
OUR RIGHT TO USE USER CONTENT
You do not have to submit anything to us, but if you choose to submit any User Content to the Site, or a Viktor and Rolf hashtag or social page, it will be deemed non-proprietary and non-confidential. By posting to Our Sites, you grant to Us, our parent, affiliates and or related entities (collectively “L’Oréal USA) you grant Us and our designees the right to use your social media handle, moniker, name and/or your photographs(s), upload, video, comment, testimonial, likeness and other submissions in addition to those you have tagged with using hashtag (“#”) associated with Our Brands or a Brand-campaign hashtag (“Your Post”) in perpetuity and for any brand marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, including but not limited to on Our Sites, in social media, on third party retail sites featuring Our products.
You are over the age of majority, or if a minor, your parent or legal guardian consents to your submission.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control any and all rights in and to the User Content that you submit and that our public posting and use of that User Content will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party in any manner, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
You grant us and our designees the royalty-free, fully paid, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and fully transferable, assignable, sublicensable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, improve, distribute, commercialize, perform, or display such User Content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for any purpose, including, without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes, reproduction, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting without any further consent by you or notice, credit and/or compensation to you or any third parties.
You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Site, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Content.
We and our designees also have the right, but not the obligation, to use your user name (and real name, image, likeness or other identifying information, if provided in connection with User Content), city and state in connection with broadcast, print, online or other use or publication of your User Content.
You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold Us and any person acting on Our behalf harmless from any liability related in any way with the use of your post.
For material on Our Sites, you may link to posts or post them on your social media accounts, but only for your personal use. You may not post or upload any of our Site content for your commercial, business, or non-personal use. If you use or post our Site information and materials for any non-personal purposes, you’ll be violating our intellectual property rights.
When submitting User Content, you agree that you will at all times comply with the following code of conduct:
- State your honest views regarding Our Brands and products, which must reflect your actual experience, opinions, experience, and beliefs regarding L’Oréal and its products or services.
- Make clear that your comments are solely yours, not Ours.
- Avoid saying or doing anything that suggests We have endorsed or approved you or your statements.
- Clearly and conspicuously disclose your connection to Us (i.e., Got it Free; Sweepstakes Entry) any time you make a public statement about Us or Our products or services.
- Respect the intellectual property and proprietary rights of others; do not post material unless you have all necessary permissions to do so. Do not post confidential or proprietary information of any party.
- Do not make false or unsubstantiated statements or claims about Us or Our products or services.
- Do not make any statements regarding the products or services of Our competitors.
- Do not impersonate any other person or entity, actual or fictitious, including by impersonating an employee or consultant of any of the Publisher Parties.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Site may involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. We assume no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings or other information submitted by you or other users of the Site.
You agree that you will not harvest, collect or store information about the users of the Site or the User Content or use such information for any purpose inconsistent with the purpose of the Site or for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk electronic mail or communications. You may not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site or portions thereof (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Site; (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site; or (vi) harvest or scrape any content from the Site.
The availability of the products and services described on the Site, and the descriptions of such products and services, may vary based on location and timing.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain promotions, such as contests or sweepstakes, that offer prizes which may require you to submit material or information about yourself. Each promotion has its own rules, which you must read and agree to before you may enter.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Site, and all of its contents, including but not limited to articles, other text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, video material, audio material, including musical compositions and sound recordings, software, logos, titles, characters, names, graphics and button icons, excluding User Content (collectively “Proprietary Material”), are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States, as well as international conventions and the laws of other countries. The Proprietary Material is owned or controlled by L’Oreal or by other parties that have provided rights thereto to L’Oreal.
Claims Regarding Copyright Infringement
Notice. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Content or other content on the Site infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, your email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the above notification is accurate and that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Our designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: DMCA Agent c/o L’Oreal USA Legal Department, 575 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10017. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to our customer service. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements set forth above, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
After receiving a claim of infringement, we will process and investigate the claim and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying or substantially complying with the DMCA, we will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity, and will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. We will take reasonable steps promptly to notify the user that we have removed or disabled access to such material.
Counter-Notice. If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information in writing to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content removed or disabled; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court in New York, New York, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a proper counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that we will replace the removed content or cease disabling access to it in 10 business days. Unless our designated agent first receives notice from the original complaining party that such party has filed an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after the Copyright Agent’s receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
We may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate your account for the Site and any or all affiliate websites if you are a repeat infringer. If you believe that a user is a repeat infringer, please follow the instructions above to contact our Copyright Agent and provide information sufficient for us to verify that the user is a repeat infringer.
Third Party Websites and Links
You may be able to link to third party Websites, services or resources on the Internet from the Site, and third party Websites, services or resources may contain links to the Site (collectively, “Linked Sites”). We are not responsible for the content, availability, advertising, products, services or other materials of any such Linked Sites, or any additional links contained therein, and our inclusion of links to the Linked Sites on the Sites does not imply that we endorse or approve of any materials contained on, or accessible through, the Linked Sites. In no event shall we be liable, directly or indirectly, to you or any other person or entity for any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by the creation or use of the Linked Sites or the information or material accessed through these Linked Sites.
Some of our Sites offer the ability to purchase products. When you place an order you will have the opportunity to review and confirm your order, including your delivery address, payment method and the products selected. You will receive a confirmation when we accept your order.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order prior to delivery for any reason, including but not limited to system errors, inaccuracies or product availability, problems identified by our credit or security departments. We will contact you if your order is cancelled or modified or in the event of other concerns about your order.
Payment and Billing Information
You represent and warrant that the information that you provide is accurate and that you are the authorized account holder and have the right to provide the payment information used.
You have the right to make returns of products within thirty (30) days from the date of your receipt of your order. Instructions for return will be provided with your order.
Advertisements, Sponsorships, Co-Promotions and Other Partnerships
We may display advertisements for the goods and services of a third party on the Site, including in connection with co-promotions, sponsorships and other similar partnership arrangements. We do not endorse or represent and are not responsible for the safety, quality, accuracy, reliability, integrity or legality of any such advertised goods or services.
L’OREAL’S SITE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WE DISCLAIM ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS.
L’OREAL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, NOR SHALL WE BE HELD LIABLE FOR DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED ONE THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS (US $1,000).
THESE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER OR PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER THE LAW IN YOUR USUAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE CLAIMS OR FOR DISPUTES AGAINST US OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE.
Governing Law; General Information
We control and operate the Site from our offices in the State of New York, United States of America. While we invite visitors from all parts of the world to visit the Site, visitors acknowledge that the Site, and all activities available on and through the Site, are governed by the laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of New York. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
By using this Site, you agree that L’Oreal USA at its sole discretion, may require that: (1) all claims, disputes and causes of action arising out or related in any way to these Terms, the Site or any transaction relating thereto (“disputes”) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the United States of America, State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
You hereby consent to arbitration of all disputes before a single arbitrator. The arbitrator will be selected and the arbitration conducted pursuant to the consumer arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. No “Class” or similar group arbitration shall be permitted. All arbitration hearings or similar proceedings shall be held in New York, New York, although you may elect telephonic proceedings or waive any hearing.
The AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules are available for review at: https://www.adr.org/aaa/faces/rules (click Rules, then click Consumer Arbitration Rules).
Any arbitral award shall be final and binding and may be enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.
You understand that, in return for your agreement to this Section, L’Oreal is able to offer you the services available through this Site at the terms designated, and that your assent to this Section is an indispensable consideration to such use. You also acknowledge and understand that, with respect to any Dispute:
- You are giving up your right to have a trial by jury;
- You are giving up your right to have a court resolve any such dispute; and
- You are giving up your right to serve as a representative, as a private attorney general, or in any other representative capacity, or to participate as a member of a class of claimants, in any arbitration or lawsuit involving any such dispute.
Please feel free to contact us via one of the methods described on our Contact Us page, or send a letter to Viktor and Rolf, Attn:
10 Hudson Yards
New York, NY 10001
Attn: Consumer Affairs
You agree that we may send notices to you regarding your use of the Site by means of electronic mail, a general notice posted on the Site or by written communication delivered either by overnight courier or U.S, mail to your email or mailing address as appearing in our records from time to time.